"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
Gandalf, The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien.
"If you wish to be happy, think not of what is to come nor of that which you have no control over but rather of the now and of that which you can change."
Oromis, Brisingr, Christopher Paolini.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Alone at last!

DH and I are on our way to Jackson Hole for a long weekend sans kids.
A friend has a house there, and several people are going for a week-
long ski trip. We're not quite ready to leave the kids for that long.
My ILs are holding down the fort. Writing down the kids' schedule for
four days made me realize why I'm always so tired! Between school
dropoff this morning and bedtime Monday there are swimming lessons,
swim club practice, piano lesson and ballet (not to mention homework
and daily music practice)!
I'm a little nervous about the actual skiing. I have new boots and new
ski clothes, but I haven't skiied since before DD1. And then only one
time since before DS. My last real ski season was 98-99. Ten years
ago! Ack!
I'm now two weeks into the semester in my Web Development class. It's
online, but we had a lab in the first week to get us up to speed with
the software. There's a kid who takes swimming lessons at the same
time as DS and DD2 who goes to their school, and his father is in my
class. Small world. Anyway, I'm really enjoying the "work." Moderately
lame class webpage at http:/www.tmcc.nevada.edu/~mccarro5/.

No comments: